One of the key ingredients of the nügg Soothing Face Mask is Chamomile. A simple pretty white flower, there is more than meets the eye with chamomile. Centuries ago, this dainty flower was used by the ancient Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians to treat numerous medical conditions and illnesses. Recent studies indicate that chamomile is also an effective and powerful skin agent with numerous skin friendly properties. Let us take a look at how chamomile extract helps the skin.
- Soothe Inflammation – Chamomile is anti-inflammatory in nature, making it perfect for soothing inflammation and infections.
- Heal Skin – Chamomile is capable of disinfecting and healing minor skin wounds. Its mild nature makes it wonderful for use on facial skin.
- Treat Acne – Chamomile’s antioxidant properties makes it effective in treating acne, breakouts and rashes. Research also indicates that it is effective in preventing acne scars.
- Fight Free Radicals – Being rich in antioxidants, chamomile is effective in fighting free radicals present in the body that damage skin cells. Free radicals are also known to accelerate the aging process, hence this little flower can also help slow down skin aging.
- Moisturize – Chamomile is capable of moisturizing, toning and cleaning skin. It works from within to replenish moisture in the skin.
- Improves Effectiveness of Other Skincare Products – Chamomile is capable of preparing your skin so that other skincare products can penetrate your skin better and work more effectively.
In addition to all this, chamomile has antibacterial and hypoallergenic properties. Chamomile’s skin-friendly properties is why we use it in our Soothing facial mask. The presence of this soothing herb allows the face mask to calm troubled and sensitive skin.