After 5 long and tiring days at work, you just can’t wait for the weekend. Friday and Saturday nights usually mean parties and girls’ night out, but Sunday, ahhh, Sunday is special. For us, the perfect Sunday is one with no agenda, where you get to sleep in late, do all the things you love which you don’t have time for during the week and relax; it’s all about you – provided you don’t have a bunch of kids demanding your attention at home. If you do have kids, ask someone you love to watch over them for an hour, while you get a breather.
Whether you have Sunday all to yourself or have to divide time between your kids, hubby and household chores, here are some things you can do to relax and catch up with yourself this Sunday (or any Sunday for that matter).
- Meditate – Meditation is good for the body and soul. It refreshes your mind, improves concentration, emotional and mental well being and relieves stress. It is a great way to relax your mind and prepare it for the new week ahead. Just 5 minutes of meditation can do wonders for you.
- Exercise – After a long week of sitting in a chair or being on your feet (whatever your job entitles), your body could use a bit of exercise. You can go for a jog, hit the gym, practice yoga, dance or do anything that catches your fancy. Exercise increases blood flow, strengthens the heart and muscles and can make you feel a whole lot better.
- Read a Book – Nothing beats the feeling of curling up on a sofa with a good mystery or romance novel and a glass of wine. Reading relieves stress, soothes the mind, improves overall well being and promotes better sleep.
- Spend Time with Nature – Spending time with nature is refreshing, humbling and soothing. Take a long walk, trek or just sit in a park and drink in the sounds and sights of nature. You will reach home feeling a lot better than when you left.
- Pamper Yourself – That’s right; use your Sunday to pamper and take care of yourself. Give yourself a refreshing manicure, soothe your feet with a pedicure and nourish and hydrate your face with a natural face mask like one from nügg Beauty. Your skin is probably tired and dull after a long week; nourish and rejuvenate your skin with nügg Face Masks so that you can start the new week with happy, fresh and radiant skin. When you look good, you also feel good and confident, so pamper yourself and start your week on a good note.