You already know that adding lots of green veggies and fruits to your diet will boost your energy, help in the healthy functioning of your body, and fight diseases. However, apart from these benefits, certain foods can work wonders for your skin too.
Remember that what you eat really affects your complexion. Here are some of the best skin-benefiting foods, which you should include in your diet to achieve healthy and beautiful skin.
- Dark Chocolate – Cocoa flavonals have great antioxidant properties that help to hydrate the skin. Eat a small piece of over 80% dark chocolate a day to reap the benefits.
- Green tea – Antioxidants in green tea help to boost blood flow and rush oxygen to the skin, helping your skin receive essential nutrients for a healthy complexion.
- Kale – Nutrients in kale help to absorb free radicals from the sun. Also, the Vitamin C and Vitamin A content in kale helps to make the skin smoother.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are one of the best sources of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for keeping skin hydrated and soft.
- Almond milk – Substitute regular milk with almond milk in your coffee or cereal. Dairy is known to be highly inflammatory, which can further irritate skin issues such as acne or rashes. So, replacing that would help to avoid such problems.
- Olive oil – It contains monounsaturated fatty acids that reduce the signs of aging, where its antioxidant polyphenols content reduces free radicals. Overall, olive oil helps to preserve your youthful skin.
- Kiwi –Rich in Vitamin C, kiwi fruit amazingly helps in reducing wrinkles and dryness from your skin.
- Pumpkin –Cooked pumpkin is one of the excellent sources of beta-carotene, which helps in the growth of skin cells. This will help to keep the skin soft, smooth, and wrinkle-free - and no, your pumpkin spice latte doesn't count.
In conjunction with nügg Face Masks, these foods can help keep your skin in great shape. Try including them in your diet as much as possible.